Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back in chi-town!

So, this week has been.... eventful. And I have to compliment myself for actually doing something genuinely spontaneous (more so than one of my favorite activities -- setting out for an area of the city for dinner without plans and randomly picking a place by walking around... doesn't really count as spontaneous, I guess).

First off, I officially started pre-residency orientation. I got to meet all of my new co-interns, experience my first team ass-whooping in the code simulator, experience my first team rebound so that the second mock code didn't whoop our asses, got bored out of my skull in hospital orientation (because I already know the function of the hospital pharmacy), received a prescription pad that I can't use legally for another year but I'm sure will be used up in about 3 months anyway (senior residents have to sign off on our prescriptions), discovered that orientation was planned in such a way that I now have 5 days off in the middle (wtf?) and somehow ended up in Chicago on 12 hours notice.

Yep, you read that right. It ended up as 17 because of the airplane needing to be fixed (for my experience, par for the course when O'Hare gets involved in my life... whether I'm in NYC or Chicago when it happens). The point is, I am in Chicago and 24 hours ago, I had no idea that I would be sitting in my friend Ashley's apartment looking out at Michigan Avenue!

Now, off to call people, tell them I'm here, find someone to have dinner with (Ash was unavailable)... I kindof can't believe I'm back after 4 years away!

No comments:

Post a Comment